BNP Paribas Asset Management has announced the launch of two ESG thematic funds focused on medical technology and the sustainable green hydrogen economy.
The BNP Paribas Easy ECPI Global ESG Med Tech replicates the ECPI Global ESG Medical Tech Index which selects the 50 most active global stocks within sustainable medical technology, including biotechnology, life sciences tools & services, equipment, supplies and healthcare technology. The investment universe also incorporates ESG filters and sector exclusions. The 50 index constituents are selected from four sectors:
• Biotechnology: companies active in genomic science and genetic medicine/therapy.
• Life Sciences Tools & Services: companies involved in the research, development and production of innovative drugs.
• Healthcare Equipment & Suppliers: companies involved in areas such as manufacturing healthcare equipment and hospital supplies, or designing drug delivery systems.
• Healthcare Technology: companies active in areas such as telemedicine and digital health, connected healthcare devices or robotics.
The BNP Paribas Easy ECPI Global ESG Hydrogen Economy replicates the ECPI Global ESG Hydrogen Economy index offers investors exposure to the 40 most active companies in the sustainable green hydrogen economy. These are selected on the basis of their ESG criteria and their efforts to reduce their exposure to coal and unconventional fossil fuels, within two sectors:
• Hydrogen: companies significantly involved in the supply of solutions based on green hydrogen, including production, supply or storage.
• Clean energy: companies significantly involved in the production of electricity from renewable energy used in sustainable hydrogen production plants.