Petropavlovsk PLC has published of its 2020 sustainability report.
The report was prepared in line with Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Reporting Standards and independently assured by Wardell Armstrong International. It covers the main material sustainability topics addressed by the Group in 2020 and includes Petropavlovsk’s first annual Communication on Progress (CoP) to the UN Global Compact.
• Proactive and comprehensive response to COVID-19 ensured no material COVID-19 outbreaks within the Group and minimal disruption to operations in 2020
• Development of Health and Safety maturity matrix to improve performance measurement and to support a transition to reporting in line with the Bradley Curve
• Further strengthening of a highly-qualified Sustainability management team with appointments of a new Head of Health and Safety, Head of Environment and Head of Human Resources and People Development in 2021
• Continued reduction in carbon intensity by 7% in 2020 and further alignment with GHG Protocol, with a commitment to reduce reliance on fossil fuels and eliminate coal from business operations by 2030
• Commitment to enhanced reporting in line with the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) from 2021
The sustainability report is available to download from the company’s website at the following link: https://petropavlovskplc.com/sustainability/reports/.