Envista Holdings Corporation today announced the release of its inaugural Sustainability Report highlighting the Company’s actions and progress across environmental, social, and governance (ESG) topics. Following guidance from the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) and Global Reporting Initiative’s (GRI) reporting frameworks, Envista reports on notable topics while also demonstrating alignment across business impact goals and 6 relevant United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDG).
“Since Envista’s inception in September 2019, we have prioritized ESG as a means to responsibly serve the dental industry. We are committed to providing quality dental products and improving patient care globally. Our Envista Business System (EBS) embeds sustainability into our operations by prioritizing health and safety, product quality and innovation, and continuous improvement,” said Amir Aghdaei CEO of Envista. “Our customers and employees are at the heart of what we do and are critical to delivering on our mission and bringing innovation to life.”
Highlights from FY20 Sustainability Report:
- Putting employee and customer safety first during COVID-19 by providing employees with PPE and proper training to continue to operate safely during the pandemic.
- Prioritizing gender pay equity and achieving 99% pay equity in the U.S.
- Piloting a new global supplier assessment tool to improve supplier transparency and ensure compliance with all Envista policies.
- Contributing to oral health by offering over 4,000 professional training and education events globally, reaching over 400,000 participants.
- Ranking among the top 6% of all Mexican facilities, Envista’s Mexicali plant received Clean Industry Recertification from the Mexican government by exceeding compliance with current safety and environmental standards.
- Launching new Employee Resource Groups including – Envista Women + Friends ERG and Envista Multi-Cultural + Friends ERG.
- Expanding talent and hiring partnerships with African American student unions, Hispanic Serving Institutions and student organizations, and diverse engineering groups as well as Consortium, an organization that connects diverse MBA candidates with Envista opportunities.
Introducing new PROPHYflex 4 Air Polishing Device high performance handpieces with improved ergonomics that allow clinicians to provide higher quality care with greater comfort and ease.
Mr. Aghdaei added, “We have invested in expanding our diversity and inclusion efforts across the company to foster innovation and opportunity and plan to continue to make Envista a more diverse and inclusive place to work over the coming years. 2020 was a defining year for us in that it disrupted our customers’ businesses and our own operations, requiring us to immediately shift our focus to ensure the health and well-being of our employees. We have emerged from 2020 as a stronger and more resilient organization and this spirit animates our inaugural Sustainability Report and our ESG efforts. I am confident that the company’s leaders will continue to excel on ESG measures as we advance our sustainability journey.”
The FY20 Sustainability Report provides a starting point from which Envista will continue to improve its performance across material ESG topics and continue to disclose relevant information. Envista’s FY20 Sustainability Report can be accessed on the Company’s website at www.envistaco.com.