Deutsche Bank has announced the establishment of an ESG Centre of Excellence in Singapore.
The centre will work across all the business divisions of Deutsche Bank focusing on the execution of ESG transactions, new product development, and advisory their service.
Deutsche Bank says the centre will house a ‘sizable’ team and work with coverage and product teams to implement the following activities and programs:
• Core Activity: ESG transactions across all business divisions, including Investment Bank, Corporate Bank, International Private Bank and Asset Management (DWS)
• ESG Leadership Lecture Series in partnership with academic institutions
• ESG Fellowship Program for graduate students at top global MBA programs
• ESG Internship Program for undergraduate students at top global universities
• Partnership with research institutions and global think tanks on ESG research
• ESG Policy Seminars for sovereign & sub-sovereign governments
Deutsche Bank Head of ESG for Asia Pacific Kamran Khan said: “The transition of Asia towards sustainable practices requires ESG transaction models, products, solutions and regulatory measures which meet international standards while supporting on-the-ground realities in Asia. By establishing this ESG Centre of Excellence in Singapore, we aim to set standards for evidence-based, data-driven transactions which can substantiate ESG impact and support sustainable growth.”