DuPont has released its 2021 Sustainability Report – Thriving Together.
The report highlights the company’s progress toward achieving its ambitious 2030 Sustainability Goals through accomplishments including:
- Producing more than 100,000,000 DuPont personal protective equipment garments for front-line and essential workers in the fight against COVID-19.
- Achieving zero injuries and/or illnesses at 79 percent of DuPont sites, and 31 sites earned Responsible Care® Facility Safety Awards from the American Chemistry Council.
- Expanding the use of renewable electricity sources and credits to 20 percent of our total electricity and operating 27 sites utilizing 100 percent renewable electricity.
- Advancing water security, availability and quality worldwide through expanded filtration and purification technologies portfolio. DuPont products process 25,000,000 gallons of water every minute around the world.
- Donating more than 1,774,000 items to families in need through Habitat for Humanity International partnership.
- Partnering with charity: water to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in vulnerable communities through the deployment of hand-washing stations, hygiene and sanitation training.
- Affirming the commitment to address climate change as a member of the CEO Climate Dialogue, a collaboration between large companies and NGOs working together to advance effective climate legislation in the U.S.
- Re-invigorating the commitment to advance Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) strategy by appointing a Vice President of DE&I and a global DE&I office and pledging $10 million over the next 10 years to improve racial equality and equity.
- Being named to the 2020 Bloomberg Gender- Equality Index and receiving a score of 100% on the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index for the ninth consecutive year.
The report which is available at www.dupont.com/about/sustainability.html has been prepared in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) standards.
The report methodology aligns with the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) standards and adheres to the ten principles in the United Nations.